TEP Seeks New Board Members
Posted on Aug. 1st, 2021
Hear the water calling your name? Time to make a difference – join the TEP Board.
Tillamook Estuaries Partnership is seeking dedicated community members to fill two open positions on our Board of Directors. If you are passionate about our clean water, healthy habitats, abundant fish and wildlife, and vibrant communities, this may be the opportunity for you!
Please read below for more information about the positions. To apply, complete the Board Application Form and Skills Self-Assessment Matrix. Return both forms to email@example.com by September 30th. Applicants may be asked to attend the Ocotber 19th TEP Board Meeting between 5-7pm for follow-up questions. For additional information, please contact Kristi Foster, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tillamook Estuaries Partnership (TEP) is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of up to nine people who support our mission: Tillamook Estuaries Partnership is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation and restoration of Tillamook County’s watersheds through active stewardship, scientific inquiry, community engagement, and education.
TEP's purpose is to coordinate and conduct environmental education and outreach, natural resource restoration, and ecological monitoring in Tillamook County, while promoting environmentally-responsible economic and social development. In pursuit of this, the TEP's foremost goal is to implement its Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP).
The CCMP is TEP’s 10-year action agenda n that guides how TEP and its partners will coordinate resources to conserve and restore the estuaries and watersheds in its focus area. The CCMP establishes 26 actions that stakeholders have agreed to implement with the following overarching goals:
- Water Quality: Maintain and improve the beneficial uses of estuaries and watershed for humans and native aquatic and terrestrial species.
- Habitat Restoration: Conserve and restore ecological function of Tillamook County’s estuaries and watersheds to benefit native species and the communities that depend on them.
- Community Education & Engagement: Foster awareness of Tillamook County’s estuaries and watersheds, engage in problem solving, and take action to conserve and enhance our natural resources.
The Board of Directors’ responsibilities include the following:
- Abide by the established Bylaws as amended and approved annually.
- Establish the overall direction and policies for TEP consistent with the purpose and objectives of TEP as written in its Fiscal Policies, Employee Handbook, and CCMP.
- Attend Board Meetings (currently the 3rd Tuesday in Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec).
- Approve and ensure implementation of TEP’s annual work plan and budget.
- Review and approve financial statements.
- Annually sign the (i) Board of Directors’ Statement of Agreement acknowledging their commitments to the organization and (ii) Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement.
- Participate in Board activities (scheduled every other month in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov)
- Lead or assist at least one Board Committee with its Strategic Plan implementation.
- Attend Board training/engagement opportunities (typically twice yearly)
- Participate in fund-raising and supporter stewardship activities.
- Volunteer at two TEP programs annually (such as education events, work parties at the native plant nursery, and TEP booths at community events).
- Shares a belief in TEP’s mission
- Displays a positive attitude toward and enthusiasm for being a part of TEP
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior
- Supports working in an economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable manner
- Possesses a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Able to commit to monthly participation in TEP-related activities
- No prior experience on Board’s of Directors needed
- Board member terms are for three years. Unlimited re-election is possible.
- Estimated monthly time commitment for Board and Committee meetings is two hours.