Wade into Tillamook Bay to learn about the benefits, concerns, and solutions of healthy estuaries with creative crab activities!
This professional development event is for formal educators, pre-service teachers, and local STEAM Coach Volunteers.
On this one-and-a-half-day workshop, participants will:
- Learn about estuary topics from coastal professionals,
- Enhance hands-on and outdoor teaching skills,
- Connect with other educators,
- Build knowledge of estuaries, coastal habitats, marine debris, and crabs, and
- Receive resources for classrooms and outdoor education.
A $150 stipend is available to formal educators and pre-service teachers who attend this event. Hotel accommodations are also available upon request at no cost to attendees.
This workshop is cohosted by Tillamook Estuaries Partnership, South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve, and Oregon Sea Grant.
* Light refreshments will be available throughout the event, and lunch will be catered on Saturday.